Confidentiality with Qualitivity

Hello,

I am currently exploring the various functionalities proposed by the Qualitivity plugin.

To me, one of the most convenient features is the possibility to add error comments and error categories just by highlighting the corresponding words in the Quality Metrics window. Combined with the automatic segment comparison feature, it enables me to create and send detailed feedback very easily just by using the "Create Activities Report" button.

However, before using it any further, I would like to know if any data is likely to be sent through Qualitivity to anyone or to any server?

Indeed, Qualitivity keeps track of everything I type in Studio, whereas, for privacy and confidentiality purposes, my data must not be transmitted to anyone.

Can you please confirm that my data stays on my computer or network exclusively when working with this plugin? Thank you.

Anne-Laure

2 Replies Latest Replies: 13 Mar 2017 3:10 PM by Paul Filkin
  • Anne-Laure Girard
    Can you please confirm that my data stays on my computer or network exclusively when working with this plugin? Thank you.

Hello Anne-Laure,

I can confirm that Qualitivity only stores information on your own computer.  There is no mechanism in the tool for sending data anywhere else.

The only exception to this is if you use the TAUS DQF features.  But for this to work you have to quite a bit of work.  First of all you need to create an account with TAUS and once you have done this you then need to configure Qualitivity to use this and then manually choose to share the data when you are ready.  So even in these circumstances it's not easy to send anything over the internet!!

So for your normal day to day use everything is kept locally on your machine.  You might find this article useful if you have not seen it already:

multifarious.filkin.com/.../

Regards

Paul

Related