SDL Analyse - troubleshooting

Hello all, 

Thank you for yor help so far.... we're getting closer!  We created this new thread as we had three separate threads for this and it's going to be easier to manage in one place.  We have created a new build which you can find here: 

BUILD REMOVED - CHECK THE THREAD FOR THE LATEST

This build has the following fixes which were applied after getting feedback from the last round of testing you carried out yesterday: 

• Persisted project template is verified to check it actually exists. If not the default template is proposed
  • The desktop client sends the roaming folder to the analysis service instead of the local user.
  • Proper character encoding for data sent to the analysis service (failed for some “exotic” usernames)

If you receive a “project templates not defined” error on start up after reinstalling just click “try again” which you’ll see in the same message.  This may occur every time the service is restarted.  We are looking at this.

Thank you for your help again... much appreciate your time in helping us to resolve this.

Regards

Paul

25 Replies Latest Replies: 21 Mar 2017 11:05 AM by Eva Repolusk-Stoppel < 1   2   3   4   5  >
  • Great, works like a charm for me, Paul! Thanks a lot!

• Thanks Paul,

In my case, I don't get the 500 error message anymore although sometimes it gets stuck and does not save the log.

Besides, I still have the issue regarding using a TM that is not included in my Default template, so I'm still getting 100% matches and fuzzies in my analysis without using a TM. I have refresh the view, restarted the tool, restarted the computer...  but still using a TM that has not been added. I'm using the same files I provided you in my thread but now the tool is using French instead of German...

Let me know in case you need me to provide any further information.

Thanks a lot and kind regards,

• Great! It's working! I'm glad to get to discover this very useful app!

One question: the analysis is automatically from English to German, even if I didn't specify any target language. I don't think it's a problem but do you suggest I change an option somewhere?

Thanks a lot for this debug :-)

• In reply to Chloé Delhom:

Chloé Delhom
    One question: the analysis is automatically from English to German, even if I didn't specify any target language. I don't think it's a problem but do you suggest I change an option somewhere?

Hi Chloé,

This comes from your default language settings:

File -> Options -> Editor -> Languages

Or, if you use a TM, or select a Project Template in the Advanced View.

Regards

Paul

• In reply to Elisa Wenceslá:

Hi ,

Thanks for all your help with this.  We have created one final (I hope) test build which I placed here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjj7hnskbtkrmxq/Sdl.Community.Studio.Analyse.Installer%20-%200.73.zip?dl=0

The additional things we have fixed are these:

### New in 0.72

* Fixed an error generated when there was no project template available during the initial startup

* Fixed an error generated when the line count value was set to zero

### New in 0.73

* Fixed the analysis differences between using a default Studio generated TM and the default TM generated by SDL Analyse

Regards

Paul

Also 

< 1   2   3   4   5  >
Related