How does Integrated Segment Actions compare to SDLToolkit?

Dear Studio 2017 users,

Does anyone use Integrated Segment Actions?  It looks like SDLToolkit and I wonder if there are additional benefits to learn and use ISA since I already have SDLToolkit in place.

I also want to mention that the download link was broken for ISA when I tried it earlier.  

Thank you.

Chunyi

10 Replies Latest Replies: 24 Mar 2017 10:46 PM by Paul Filkin < 1   2  >
  • Hi Chunyi,

Not sure what the problem was with the download but it seems to be working fine now.

On the differences between toolkit and ISA... here's a short and incomplete list:

- In ISA no need to add your files, works on the active project/file
    - In ISA no ability to perform actions across projects
    - Toolkit has a much more powerful set of search & replace features
    - Toolkit can split files
    - Toolkit uses boolean logic to select segments with specific TM match values so potentially more powerful
    - ISA makes selecting segments with specific TM match values a piece of cake!

Then there are a few small differences here and there. I think the intention of the ISA plugin was to make it easier and more integrated to do the most common functions in the toolkit. Horses for courses I think!

Regards

Paul
  • In reply to Paul Filkin:

Hi Paul,

This app sounds interesting and I would love to try it.  However, the link is still broken.  I am attaching the page that shows the error after I click on the Download link.  

I will definitely try it again when the link is fixed.  Thank you for the comparison!!

Chunyi

• In reply to Chunyi Chen:

Maybe you need to clear your browser cache after the problems we had a few weeks ago? Try pressing Ctrl+F5 when you go to the app page.
  • In reply to Paul Filkin:

I tried and am still getting the same message. I do not have problems with other apps.

Chunyi
  • In reply to Chunyi Chen:

Hi Chunyi,

Fortunately I managed to reproduce this myself just now. So I removed the app and republished it which fixed it for me. Please can you test again now and see if things work for you now. Make sure you Ctrl+F5 first in case you are caching the old one.

Thanks

Paul
< 1   2  >
Related