Application to extract an analysis from a standalone SDLXLIFF

The scenario is this.  You are sent an sdlxliff to translate without a TM and it has already been pretranslated and payments terms stated on the basis of what's in the file.  How do you determine what this is in summary so you have the basis for questionning the payment if necessary?  I ask this because I had such a query this morning and couldn't solve it easily.

I could create a new TM from the sdlxliff and rerun the analysis from this, but the results are of course not correct because we don't have the basis for a proper comparison.

So I created a small spreadsheet on the basis of the report that comes from the SDLXLIFF Converter and then added a couple of columns to count the words and group the matches.  Clearly the wordcount will also be off and the analysis still doesn't match exactly, but it gave me an idea for another application.  So I'm adding this one too for comments.  A proper application that could use the proper analysis mechanisms would be quite cool I think.

I attached the spreadsheet too so you can see what I mean... it was actually useful for the user even with it's obvious flaws.

Regards

Paul

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

Analysis Spreadsheet.xlsx