Idea Delivered

Public Profiles?

Are public profiles possible on SDL Community?

While making review material and congratulating the SDL Web community winners (congrats again, btw), we linked to the user profiles of the winners.

However, other users need to login to see these profiles. Is it possible to make our community profiles public or at least public for the SDL Tridion Developers' group? These professionals tend to be active on public groups such as Tridion Stack Exchange and have public profiles on platforms like Linked-In.

Thanks!

• @Wilfried - I guess the only way to remain in compliance with European Laws would be for people to have a choice to make their profile public, some sort of checkbox on the profile screen. Let us know how it goes.

• There are really two philosophies that bite each other here. European privacy law is more strict than elsewhere in the world. SDL is Europe based and is obliged to follow European privacy laws. One of the things we disabled for instance is User Search. You cannot search for a user. If a user has elected to participate, it is fine within the context of the post to see a user. The logic to protect a user's privacy would vote against such a move

On the opposite of the spectrum is the desire to be as open as possible. Showing a profile is definitely a way to do that.

Let me see if we can enable a feature called : "Show my profile to anonymous visitors"

I did two things

1. Create an internal ticket : jira.sdl.com/.../COMMGT-313

2. Made a request to the vendor via a private group