Error during compose

I have this error when composing in Xyview. It does not come out for every compose, it does randomly.

I am using XPP 8.4 SP5.

Screenshot of Trados Studio error message reading 'error closing file Job.4ld' with an 'OK' button.

May I know what is the meaning of this error?

Chung

Toppan Vintage

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 5:08 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Just having (unreferenced) footnotes in Lost & Found is not a "fatal" error.

This error that you are getting is considered a "fatal" error.

If the OS did (or could) not close the DLD file successfully, which might mean that the file contents did not get written out successfully, then the software cannot just continue and the program must exit. That's why the division is closed after you click OK on the error dialog.

There is no easy way to tell if any files are corrupted, other than it being obvious if problems occur on re-entering the division.

There is a command line utility called 'divfixdld' that can be used to check the DLD - but it's not for the faint of heart. It's designed really to be used by SDL Support and Development personnel. If you want to go down that route then open a command prompt and change directories to the DIV folder and run 'divfixdld'. With no options it just reports things. If the utility reports any kind of problems, I suggest that you then open a support ticket for direction on how to proceed.

I was thinking this was just a one-time problem, but from what you just said it sounds more like it's happened more than once.

Are the division (DIV) folders local to where you are running XPP or are they "across a network"?

If this is happening repeatedly, and especially if so in different divisions, then maybe you are having network problems (glitches).