Error, the first line of code [Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop]

Former Member
Former Member

**************************************************************************************************************
[Conclusion]
SDL Trados Studio 2017 SR1 - "14.1.10017"  BUG
**************************************************************************************************************

Hi

I am trying to write some TB codes.
But, at the very first line I have difficulties.

Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.Application myApplication = new Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.Application();

Error
System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
HResult=0x80004005
Message=외부 구성 요소에서 예외를 Throw했습니다. ( <- it means "external configuration element Throw an exception")
Source=<Cannot evaluate the exception source>
StackTrace:
<Cannot evaluate the exception stack trace>

Any good tips ?
Thanks

Two side-by-side error messages in SDL Trados Studio 2017 SR1 indicating a bug with version number '14.1.10017'.Screenshot of Microsoft Visual Studio with an error message in Korean, mentioning an exception in an external component.

Code snippet from a WinForms application showing 'using' directives, including one for 'Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop'.

tried both;

C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm14\ Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio5\ Sdl.MultiTerm.TMO.Interop.dll

I am writing WinForms application.
SDL PlugIns working well, exactly the same code though - and made at the same time, Now...

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 1:21 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Parents
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member

I have gone to OLD version.
    With "System mirror" (Backuped image).
    So... There is no error message at all

All works fine

That was a BUG

• Can you send us the exception message; the inner exception should tell us where the excpeption derived from (memory, access violation, version of net etc...).  The message you have is actually quite generic so we can't tell much from that alone.  The full xml error stack would be more useful.
    We have quite a lot of our own 2017 apps and we have not done anything in particular to them to ensure they still work with the latest updates.  The exception being the newtonsoft.dll which we used to provide in several of the apps.  We now point to the Studio version instead as the Studio team increased the version of this dll in the recent updates and this broke half a dozen of our apps... we fixed this already in our plugins.
    And SDL didn't bother to publicly document these changes, as they apparently don't care about the external developers.
    Indeed, the ones above were not documented and came as a surprise to our app developers too.  Sorry you always feel the need to use such unhelpful language given the SDL people in here are always tryng to help.  I'm sure you could make your point more professionally.
  • Can you send us the exception message; the inner exception should tell us where the excpeption derived from (memory, access violation, version of net etc...).  The message you have is actually quite generic so we can't tell much from that alone.  The full xml error stack would be more useful.
    We have quite a lot of our own 2017 apps and we have not done anything in particular to them to ensure they still work with the latest updates.  The exception being the newtonsoft.dll which we used to provide in several of the apps.  We now point to the Studio version instead as the Studio team increased the version of this dll in the recent updates and this broke half a dozen of our apps... we fixed this already in our plugins.
    And SDL didn't bother to publicly document these changes, as they apparently don't care about the external developers.
    Indeed, the ones above were not documented and came as a surprise to our app developers too.  Sorry you always feel the need to use such unhelpful language given the SDL people in here are always tryng to help.  I'm sure you could make your point more professionally.
Children