Updating system fields via TM API

Hello everyone,

Quick question - has anyone of you ever updaded system fields via the TM API, such as changing the created by or changed by user field? I have found http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDK/TranslationMemoryApi/2017/html/bd9bfe10-d6f8-40f5-b1ad-e757938395cb.htm which shows how to update the Usage Count field but I was wondering if anyone has updated other system fields before.

Thanks

Daniel

Parents
  • Hi, 

I must admit that, even though I have used TM API for reading data quite a bit, I tend to be quite cautious when it comes to writing into a TM with the API. I find that the risk of data corruption is a too high for me, specially for server-based TMs.

If we had to change System fields, I would rather export to TMX, process the files and then re-import. To answer your question: no. :)

Daniel

• Hi, 

I must admit that, even though I have used TM API for reading data quite a bit, I tend to be quite cautious when it comes to writing into a TM with the API. I find that the risk of data corruption is a too high for me, specially for server-based TMs.

If we had to change System fields, I would rather export to TMX, process the files and then re-import. To answer your question: no. :)

Daniel

Children