Is there a call in the SDK that does the same thing as clicking the OK button in the Trados Studio Project Settings dialog box?

I have a button in the ribbon to set a machine translation translation provider. If I click my apply button in the project or files view, then when I open the editor, my custom machine translation provider is applied to the first segment, and then to subsequent segments I click in.

But if the editor is open and I click my apply button, my custom machine translation is not immediately applied.  For my custom machine translation provider to be applied, I have to close the editor and open it back up again.

So, it seems that I am making the right calls, but one of them (perhaps Project.UpdateSettings?) does not have the same effect when the editor is open as when it is not.

If there is not an SDK call that does the same thing as the OK button in the Project Settings dialog, would it be possible to get a copy of the code it calls, so that I can see what calls I need to make that I am not making?