Reading Binary Resources with Passolo Export Addin

I am using Passolo Pro 2018 and I am writing an export Addin. I have an MFC project build with VS2017 and it contains a custom binary resource “SYMBOLIC_RESOURCE_IDS”. If I enable Extract other binary resources on the project in Passolo my export Addin sees the resource and could process the data. The problem is when I enable that project setting it also make binary resources that I do not want to see visible like PNG and AFX_DIALOG_LAYOUT.

1. Is there a way to have my export Addin see only the custom binary resource I want without making the others visible?
  2. Is it possible to enable the project setting in the SDK (Export other binary resources) read the custom binary resource then disable the project setting?
  3. Do I need to also write a parser Adding to accomplish this? I would rather not have to write a parser Addin

Below is a scree shot of the project setting and resources in Passolo

Screenshot of Trados Studio with Passolo Pro 2018 project settings dialog open, showing the 'Extract other binary resources' option checked.

The first 3 (PNG, AFX_DIALOG_LAYOUT,SYMBOLIC_RESOURCE_IDS) .  resources show once the setting is enabled I only want SYMBOLIC_RESOURCE_IDS

Screenshot of Passolo Pro 2018 with a list of resources including PNG, AFX_DIALOG_LAYOUT, and SYMBOLIC_RESOURCE_IDS visible in the project.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 10:12 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]