Lemmatization plugin development (lemmatization + default term recognition) for Trados Studio 2022

Hello everyone,

I'm student currently working on my diploma thesis, focusing on the development of a plugin for Trados Studio 2022. The primary goal of this plugin is to integrate lemmatization functionality into the terminology provider before proceeding with default term recognition and translation (basically lemmatization before term check).

In a recent forum thread (https://community.rws.com/developers-more/trados-portfolio/trados-studio-developers/f/sdk_qa/51602/lemmatization-plugin-development-for-trados-studio-2022), I shared my project overview and received a suggestion, which was to implement a terminology provider. I checked all 3 provided plugins and also tried to create a sample terminology provider following the steps on the Terminlogy Provider API website. Now, I'm seeking further guidance on how to effectively manage lemmatization alongside default terminology recognition and translation processes within the plugin.

I'm particularly interested in understanding which methods/functions need modification to incorporate lemmatization seamlessly. Additionally, I'm unsure about the best approach to handle situations where selected languages do not support lemmatization. In such cases, the plugin should default to the standard terminology recognition and translation process.

Also I would like to better understand how to connect or integrate my lemmatization with default term recognition and translation. For instance, after lemmatization, a word like "times" would be transformed to "time," and then the subsequent step would involve default term recognition and translation.

I would greatly appreciate any insights, suggestions, or resources you can provide to assist me.

Thank you all in advance for your support and guidance.

Best regards,
Denis

Parents Reply Children
No Data