Tridion should allow linking to Pages directly rather than through Component Links.
In order to simulate Page Linking functionality, we have created a "shadow navigation" structure using Navigation Shadow Components (which reflect Pages), so we can use Component Links to link to Pages. This solution is customization heavy and hard to maintain.
- What are example use cases where direct Page Links are better than Component Links?
- If we provide Page Linking functionality, where would you put the Page Links? In Page metadata? Or also in Component content/metadata? Components are often defined higher up in the BluePrint than Pages, so it may not be possible to link from Components to Pages (?)
- Should it be possible to constrain the type of Pages you can link to (by Page Template or Page Schema)?
- Should it be possible to embed Page Links in a Rich Text field?
- Should it be possible to unpublish a Page if another published Page links to it?