This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Default Layout (MT 2017) - Could Entry Class be visible, please?

• Under Community Review on 6 Nov 2019
    • 0 Comments
    Default Layout doesn't show Entry Class data (Public, Internal or Unspecified). Entry Class can be used to restrict some users or user groups from access to non-public (i.e. not fully tested) terminology, but it is also possible to allow everyone access...
    • 6 Nov 2019 3:30 PM
  • To be able to upload TB (xml or sdltb) to GS via web interface

• 2 Comments
    Hello, it would be great to get the same behavior we know from uploading TMs to uploading TBs. Now if I upload a TB into GS, I need to use SDL MT Desktop - this process is very timeconsuming (even 4 hours for 22K entries) and cannot be interrupted...
    • 5 Nov 2019 10:26 AM
  • Search figures

• 0 Comments
    When the searched term is unknown, it can help to sift through the figures of a termbase. The new component would display all saved figures, and clicking on a figure would lead to the respective terminology entry.
    • 9 Oct 2019 8:16 AM
  • Controlling which termbase to be updated

• 0 Comments
    Is it possible to control Termbase updating in the same way we do with Translation Memories? For example, when we add Tms to any project, we can control what to be updated or not, what is kept only for lookup and concordance, etc. So when we work...
    • 3 Oct 2019 7:25 PM
  • Multiterm projects

• Idea Delivered Partially on 6 Nov 2019
    • 0 Comments
    Hi all, when working with several sets of termbases combinations and options (filters, search settings etc.) it would be handy to save these as a projects. So when starting Multiterm you don't have to set-up everything each time (this option was available...
    • 2 Oct 2019 6:40 AM
  • Export Monolingual Text files from TMX or Termbase

• Under Community Review on 12 Dec 2019
    • 0 Comments
    Sometimes, we need to create monolingual corpora from our resources, such as Termbase or TM (TMX), so we need a tool to only export single language text files from TMs or Termbases. Currently I do this using a workaround of an old tool I have, but...
    • 29 Sep 2019 9:07 PM
  • MultTerm Extract improvements

• Under Community Review on 12 Dec 2019
    • 0 Comments
    It is not possible to perform an extraction “out of the box.” For example, If wish to perform a bilingual extraction from a TMX file, I cannot do so without having an existing MultiTerm in to which I can import the results. To make matters worse, if...
    • 17 Sep 2019 10:02 AM
  • MultTerm Extract improvements

• 1 Comment
    It is not possible to perform an extraction “out of the box.” For example, If wish to perform a bilingual extraction from a TMX file, I cannot do so without having an existing MultiTerm in to which I can import the results. To make matters worse, if...
    • 17 Sep 2019 9:32 AM
  • Batch tasks (Export, Unlock entries, Reorganize)

• 0 Comments
    Hi all not sure this idea has already been launched some time, but it would be great to have some batch task functionalities, ideally with scheduling (e.g. every Saturday 3 a.m. etc.) and with reporting (what was done, errors etc.). I know there...
    • 11 Sep 2019 12:43 PM
  • Increase hyperlink character limit in MultiTerm

• 6 Comments
    In MultiTerm 2019, currently it seems only possible to add hyperlinks to URLs with a maximum length of 240 characters. If you try to add a longer hyperlink (e.g. with 265 characters), it is simply cut off at the maximum length without alert or message...
    • 19 Jul 2019 9:54 AM