XPP 9.1 and Xserver

Hello,

We've recently tested doing an OS upgrade from 2012 to 2016/2019 and are unable to use Pathfinder to open up items when the machine is online. When the machine is offline from the network, we can use Pathfinder and have our X windows open up successfully. Is there anything on being sent over the ISV that would prevent X windows from opening up using pathfinder when a machine is online?

Parents
  • Well, you could at least have identified yourself and/or the company you work for in your last post. Slight smile

I'll only add a few things to what I've already said.

PathFinder itself (the Windows Explorer like GUI) does not use any license tokens. The token for the XyView editor is xyvu-x. From what you've said it doesn't sound like you have an XPP licensing problem, but have some kind of strange problem with the Xserver. There is no connection with XPP licensing and the functioning (or not) of the Xserver.

If the XyView (which is an X11 window in the 9.1 release) does not open successfully, then it will not consume a license token (it will never get there).

There's really very little chance anyone will be able to help you with this problem in this forum. IMO, you will need help from support if there is any chance to get this working with your retired 9.1 release running on an unsupported version of Windows for that release. So, I recommend you speed up the process to get on support (as far as it depends on you).

But it might be the case that the MKS Xserver delivered with XPP 9.1 (if that's what you are using) will just not work properly (in all cases) on the newer version of Windows.

All the more reason to upgrade: The newer version of XPP on Windows no longer requires an Xserver.

• Well, you could at least have identified yourself and/or the company you work for in your last post. Slight smile

I'll only add a few things to what I've already said.

PathFinder itself (the Windows Explorer like GUI) does not use any license tokens. The token for the XyView editor is xyvu-x. From what you've said it doesn't sound like you have an XPP licensing problem, but have some kind of strange problem with the Xserver. There is no connection with XPP licensing and the functioning (or not) of the Xserver.

If the XyView (which is an X11 window in the 9.1 release) does not open successfully, then it will not consume a license token (it will never get there).

There's really very little chance anyone will be able to help you with this problem in this forum. IMO, you will need help from support if there is any chance to get this working with your retired 9.1 release running on an unsupported version of Windows for that release. So, I recommend you speed up the process to get on support (as far as it depends on you).

But it might be the case that the MKS Xserver delivered with XPP 9.1 (if that's what you are using) will just not work properly (in all cases) on the newer version of Windows.

All the more reason to upgrade: The newer version of XPP on Windows no longer requires an Xserver.

Children
No Data