Is there a possibility to copy DLL files say from KC Development server to production without stopping IIS in Production server?

Is there a possibility to copy DLL files say from KC Development server to production without stopping IIS in Production server?

Parents
  • I don't know if this fits your definition of stopping IIS, but the way I deploy changes to plugins, is to restart application pools in IIS and the background task service, while the DLLs are being copied and being blocked from overwriting the DLLs.

c:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe recycle apppool /apppool.name:TrisoftAppPoolXXX_WS
    c:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe recycle apppool /apppool.name:TrisoftAppPoolXXX_STS
    c:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe recycle apppool /apppool.name:TrisoftAppPoolXXX
    c:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe recycle apppool /apppool.name:XXX
    sc stop "Trisoft InfoShare BackgroundTask One"
    timeout 10
    sc start "Trisoft InfoShare BackgroundTask One"
    timeout 10
    sc query "Trisoft InfoShare BackgroundTask One"

Any solution would have to result in the DLL being reloaded, which implies some sort of interruption.

• I don't know if this fits your definition of stopping IIS, but the way I deploy changes to plugins, is to restart application pools in IIS and the background task service, while the DLLs are being copied and being blocked from overwriting the DLLs.

c:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe recycle apppool /apppool.name:TrisoftAppPoolXXX_WS
    c:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe recycle apppool /apppool.name:TrisoftAppPoolXXX_STS
    c:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe recycle apppool /apppool.name:TrisoftAppPoolXXX
    c:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe recycle apppool /apppool.name:XXX
    sc stop "Trisoft InfoShare BackgroundTask One"
    timeout 10
    sc start "Trisoft InfoShare BackgroundTask One"
    timeout 10
    sc query "Trisoft InfoShare BackgroundTask One"

Any solution would have to result in the DLL being reloaded, which implies some sort of interruption.

Children
No Data