XPP v9.2.2 error "Perl516.dll is missing from your computer" when I do import and compose in a batch file.

- Windows Server 2012 with XPP 9.2.2

I have a batch file that imports a Xyascii file into a division and then composes the division. The import does not report errors, and right after the import using fromxsf, the compose program gives me an error "The file perl516.dll is missing from your computer". Am I missing a directory in my path or something else?

Also when I look at the division that supposedly imported Xyascii into there is nothing there. (Probably a side effect of the first issue above?)

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

Parents
  • perl516.dll is normally located in the bin folder of your perl installation. On my machine that file is located on C:\Perl\bin.
    This path should be part of your %PATH% environment variable.
    So first find out where Perl is supposed to be installed on your PC.
    Then check if the perl516.dll file can be found in that bin subfolder
    Then check if the bin folder is included in the %PATH% environment variable. (add it if it is missing)

If all fails, then install perl again from the XPP software CD....(might be the shortest path to success)

• perl516.dll is normally located in the bin folder of your perl installation. On my machine that file is located on C:\Perl\bin.
    This path should be part of your %PATH% environment variable.
    So first find out where Perl is supposed to be installed on your PC.
    Then check if the perl516.dll file can be found in that bin subfolder
    Then check if the bin folder is included in the %PATH% environment variable. (add it if it is missing)

If all fails, then install perl again from the XPP software CD....(might be the shortest path to success)

Children
No Data