SDL Trados Studio
SDL Trados GroupShare
SDL Trados Business Manager
SDL Trados Live
SDL Speech to Text
SDL Managed Translation - Enterprise
Translation Management Connectors
SDL LiveContent S1000D
SDL Contenta S1000D
SDL Tridion Docs
SDL Tridion Sites
SDL Content Assistant
SDL Machine Translation Cloud
SDL Machine Translation Connectors
SDL Machine Translation Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
SDL User Experience
Language Products - GCS Internal Community
SDL Community Internal Group
SDL Access Customer Portal
SDL Professional Services
Language Technology Partner Group
SDL Academic Partners
SDL Enterprise Technology Partners
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Machine Translation User Group
Nordic SDL Tridion Docs User Group
SDL Tridion UK Meetup
SDL Tridion User Group New England
SDL Tridion West Coast User Group
SDL WorldServer User Group
Tridion Docs Europe & APAC User Group
Tridion User Group Benelux
Tridion User Group Ohio Valley
SDL MultiTerm Ideas
SDL Passolo Ideas
SDL Trados GroupShare Ideas
SDL Trados Studio Ideas
SDL Machine Translation Cloud Ideas
SDL Machine Translation Edge Ideas
SDL Language Cloud TMS Ideas
SDL Language Cloud Terminology Ideas
SDL Language Cloud Online Editor Ideas
SDL Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
SDL TMS Ideas
SDL WorldServer Ideas
SDL Tridion Docs Ideas
SDL Tridion Sites Ideas
SDL LiveContent S1000D Ideas
SDL Contenta S1000D
SDL XPP Ideas
Events & Webinars
To SDL Documentation
To SDL Support
To SDL Training
Training & Certification
What's New in SDL
Detecting language please wait for.......
I have a strange thing happening with the section numbers in my running heads.I can fix it manually as a layout adjustment for each occurrence, which isn't so bad when there are just a few pages. I would prefer that they work correctly, though.
On some pages they appear correctly:
But on a page where a section begins, I just get that section number:
In this case, "3" is the chapter number and is called into the header independently. Below are some of the macros I use. Let me know if I need to show anything else.
Thinking about this again, I realized that my proposed solution to reorder the macros in the data stream will not work - it will fix the frill callout on the first page of a section but the frill callout…
One missing piece that you've not provided is the definition of the "bna.id" macro.
I don't know if you've done it on purpose, but one observation I have is that your macros named with semi-colons in them, like "bna.id;4" and "bna.id;5", will never work (at least not in Classic mode). The XPP software seeing a <bna.id;4;3> macro would grab the macro name stopping at the first semi-colon and so would only lookup a macro named "bna.id" (and thus never find a macro named "bna.id;4"). But perhaps you've done this on purpose in the spec (adding semi-colons to macro names) to "document" some macro history.
Getting back to the "bna.id" macro, I think Chris may have been on the right track. Given that the definition of "!bna.id" starts with <ce;45> my guess would be that the definition of "bna.id" would have <cs;45>.
So that would mean that in that "wrong line" you have a <cs;45>...<ce;45> capture of "a." (from "bna.id" to "!bna.id") followed by a <px;;45>...<pa> capture of "E.5.a." (from "bnaidhf") - in the same line. And as Chris said, if your <tr> callout in the frill is using 'f' (first) then you'll only get "A." (capitalized) and be missing the "E.5." - just as it appears to be the case.
One possible solution might be to resolve the text register 45 conflict by using a different capture register for one of the two macros or another possible solution would be to rework the order in the data such that the <bna.id> macro follows the <bnaidhf> macro. All depends on everything else going on in your "setup".
Jonathan DagrestaSDL XPP Engineering
Thinking about this again, I realized that my proposed solution to reorder the macros in the data stream will not work - it will fix the frill callout on the first page of a section but the frill callout will be wrong on subsequent pages (if the section continues through further pages).
So I think you'll have to resolve the text register conflict (with #45) between the two sets of macros.
Looks like the text register conflict was the culprit. I changed that and now it works. Thank you!