Large project creation

Hi

Can I have anyone's input on a Passolo project creation scenario.

I have a set of Excel spreadsheets, one for each of 23 target languages. All spreadsheets contain a some translations, and have the same Sheet names and column meanings.

I have created a project using these steps:

1. Create a base project
  2. Add all 23 source spreadsheets
  3. Set up the Excel parser as per requirements
  4. Create source string lists
  5. Add each of the 23 target languages. 
  6. Set up the target string lists to write the translations to the correct spreadsheet column.
  7. Create target string lists.
  8. Step 5 automatically copies all the source string lists to each of the target languages. So I need to delete all "redundant" string lists for each language.
  9. Perform a Scan Target file (Alignment) on all target string lists
  10. Adjust statuses as required.
  11. Run a Project report against the "Sum of all sources" and select each Target language individually, and save the output as XML
  12. Run a separate program to produce a spreadsheet of the wordcounts using the information in the report XML file.

I have noticed some strangeness. 

The XML report file seems to include deleted string lists in the statistics. This inflates the untranslated and untranslated_repetitions wordcounts considerably above what they actually should be - an hat the "Statistics" dialog shows.

This is not normal. There is no way to specify that the Report only uses string lists that are NOT deleted. 

Does anyone have any comments on this, or can suggest an alternative way of creating the projects (and no, I do not want 23 separate projects to manage :-))

Best Regards

Mark

emoji
Parents
  • Update: the only way I seem to be able to create this project without the deleted string lists adding to the untranslated/untranslated repetitions is to:

Copy/edit each of the source files to empty their contents.

Perform the initial load of files using the empty files

Delete the unwanted empty string lists

On the file-system, overwrite the empty source files with the original file set

Update all string lists.

I guess the report process is still looking at the deleted string lists, but because they are empty, they do not influence the word counts.

emoji
  • Update: the only way I seem to be able to create this project without the deleted string lists adding to the untranslated/untranslated repetitions is to:

Copy/edit each of the source files to empty their contents.

Perform the initial load of files using the empty files

Delete the unwanted empty string lists

On the file-system, overwrite the empty source files with the original file set

Update all string lists.

I guess the report process is still looking at the deleted string lists, but because they are empty, they do not influence the word counts.

emoji
Children
No Data