Can we add Hakha Chin in Target languages?

I don't see Hakha Chin language in the list of Target languages. Can you please add that.

emoji
Parents
  •  

Generally Trados Studio follows Microsoft's lead for languages. The exceptions are when a language is heavily used and warrants development work to add a language outside of Microsoft support. The best thing for you would be to raise this as an idea for consideration. You can do that here " Trados Studio Ideas " so the product manager can review it.

The MS-LCID (Microsoft Locale ID) for Hakha Chin is not explicitly listed as Microsoft generally does not provide specific LCIDs for every language, especially for those that are less widely used globally like Hakha Chin. However, the closest languages within the MS-LCID system would likely be other Tibeto-Burman languages for which LCIDs might be available, such as Burmese (my-MM). In fact I believe this may be your only option.

Burmese is the official language of Myanmar, as you're likely aware, but I'm not sure how close it is, either linguistically or geographically, to the Chin languages.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

Generally Trados Studio follows Microsoft's lead for languages. The exceptions are when a language is heavily used and warrants development work to add a language outside of Microsoft support. The best thing for you would be to raise this as an idea for consideration. You can do that here " Trados Studio Ideas " so the product manager can review it.

The MS-LCID (Microsoft Locale ID) for Hakha Chin is not explicitly listed as Microsoft generally does not provide specific LCIDs for every language, especially for those that are less widely used globally like Hakha Chin. However, the closest languages within the MS-LCID system would likely be other Tibeto-Burman languages for which LCIDs might be available, such as Burmese (my-MM). In fact I believe this may be your only option.

Burmese is the official language of Myanmar, as you're likely aware, but I'm not sure how close it is, either linguistically or geographically, to the Chin languages.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children
No Data