Where are project view filter settings stored?

Hi everyone,

I applied a two-part filter (client and a custom attribute) to my All active projects view. The filter never produces results, instead I get the spinning circle and everything is essentially grayed out. I am unable to remove the filter. Is there a file somewhere that I can delete to undo this filter?

.Trados Studio screenshot showing All active projects view with a spinning circle indicating loading, and the interface appears grayed out due to a filter application.

All my other views are fine.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 3:48 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member

Are you using an On-Prem version of WS or using something in the cloud? I ask because i know that in the database there is a configurations table where among many other things a user's customized views are stored. I have a pretty simple query i run to make sure i only get the records i want to clear out which i then turn into a delete statement. If you are On-Prem, you can probably use what i have. I doubt you could do so with an instance in the cloud

• Hi Eric,

We are on-prem, so that would be great if you could share that! Much appreciated.

• Former Member
    +1 Former Member in reply to Dave Devine

I always clear out ALL the settings for my profile although i imagine you could probably determine which specific ones you'd want to clear out by looking at the names.

Here's the query:

SELECT * FROM configuration WHERE name LIKE '%ENTER_USERNAME_HERE%';

that will give you all the preference across the entire system for that user. What i do is just change the SELECT above into a DELETE and remove the star:

DELETE FROM configuration WHERE name LIKE '%ENTER_USERNAME_HERE%';

then you would want to do a commit:

COMMIT;

If you want to try to find only the rows you want to delete, you could sort the rows by name to make it easier to identify the ones to remove. That would be:

SELECT * FROM configuration WHERE name LIKE '%ENTER_USERNAME_HERE%' ORDER BY name;

If you do want to delete only a subset of rows you'd need to modify the delete statement for example you could look only for rows that had project in the name:

SELECT * FROM configuration WHERE name LIKE '%ENTER_USERNAME_HERE%' AND name LIKE '%project%' ORDER BY name;

to delete the same items you'd do as i mentioned above. change SELECT to DELETE and remove the * then do a COMMIT.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

• Former Member
    +1 Former Member in reply to Dave Devine

I always clear out ALL the settings for my profile although i imagine you could probably determine which specific ones you'd want to clear out by looking at the names.

Here's the query:

SELECT * FROM configuration WHERE name LIKE '%ENTER_USERNAME_HERE%';

that will give you all the preference across the entire system for that user. What i do is just change the SELECT above into a DELETE and remove the star:

DELETE FROM configuration WHERE name LIKE '%ENTER_USERNAME_HERE%';

then you would want to do a commit:

COMMIT;

If you want to try to find only the rows you want to delete, you could sort the rows by name to make it easier to identify the ones to remove. That would be:

SELECT * FROM configuration WHERE name LIKE '%ENTER_USERNAME_HERE%' ORDER BY name;

If you do want to delete only a subset of rows you'd need to modify the delete statement for example you could look only for rows that had project in the name:

SELECT * FROM configuration WHERE name LIKE '%ENTER_USERNAME_HERE%' AND name LIKE '%project%' ORDER BY name;

to delete the same items you'd do as i mentioned above. change SELECT to DELETE and remove the * then do a COMMIT.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Children