Does a script exists to automate uploads and downloads?

Hi All,

I receive a request to look into automating uploads and downloads as it seems to take quite a bit of time if you do it manually.

Before I start I would like to check if this already exists?

Best,

Thierry

Parents Reply
  • Thierry, the Automatic action Eric refers to is the "Generate Translation Kit" and is a very popular automatic action among our customers. Export packages are exported automatically and in the background by the workflow engine and attached to a project attribute from which a user - i.e. a translator - can download the package from. As perfectly explained by Eric, what might take long is the export process, which includes converting the source files files to bilingual Studio files, exporting the relevant portion of the TM, the Term Database, and possibly a custom file type and include them in the WSXZ package.

The download part of the manually exported package is the fastest part. That is why using an Automatic Action is an efficient way to work with packages. Users will only need to download their package and open it in Studio 2019. This article explains how to configure such an Automatic action in your workflow:

https://gateway.sdl.com/CommunityKnowledge?articleName=000005487

The article is very detailed, but if you need assistance with the workflow configuration, I recommend that you engage the SDL Professional Services team. I hope this helps you!

Children
No Data