QuickReports -- NPLedgerByMonths --- What happened?

Hi Eugene.

I trust you had a good Christmas!

I realised that with the update to V5.20, I lost a QuickReport I had made showing me income averages by month.

The QuickReport used as a data source NPLedgerByMonths containing Date, ID and Amount

That allowed me to show a graph of the averages by month

I rummaged a bit in the XAF Data Types, and although I did find a Ledger by months, it seems to be empty.

How can I display the average incomes by month, across all data?

I suppose I could use a calculated field from Invoice | Amount (base cur), with Date (Month-Year) as an argument, but I don’t want to just divide the sum by 12, I would like to have the average up to now.

Do you have any idea for a solution?

Thanks!

Lorenzo

PS The picture is from V.5.0.4

Parents
  • Hello, Lorenzo!

Thank you, all was great, and Happy New Year to you as well!!!

The QuickReport used as a data source NPLedgerByMonths containing Date, ID and Amount

Strange that report disappeared... Nothing was done with this table which could lead to such loss.. Could it be that your report had a name of one of predefined reports? Only in this case custom report could be overwritten.

As for data type, it's still there:

Dropdown menu in Trados Studio with options including Language, Ledger, and Ledger by months highlighted.

However, to solve your task, I recommend to use Ledger data type. This data type contains Date in financial year field, which could be used instead of Date in all widgets. So you can filter, display data and draw chart by corresponding dates in financial year (bounds are specified in the application settings):

Trados Studio interface showing a table with columns Date, ID, and Amount, and a line chart titled 'Dashboard' with an upward trend.

(labels in Russian are names of months)

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 5:30 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hello, Lorenzo!

Thank you, all was great, and Happy New Year to you as well!!!

Strange that report disappeared... Nothing was done with this table which could lead to such loss.. Could it be that your report had a name of one of predefined reports? Only in this case custom report could be overwritten.

As for data type, it's still there:

Dropdown menu in Trados Studio with options including Language, Ledger, and Ledger by months highlighted.

However, to solve your task, I recommend to use Ledger data type. This data type contains Date in financial year field, which could be used instead of Date in all widgets. So you can filter, display data and draw chart by corresponding dates in financial year (bounds are specified in the application settings):

Trados Studio interface showing a table with columns Date, ID, and Amount, and a line chart titled 'Dashboard' with an upward trend.

(labels in Russian are names of months)

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 5:30 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children
No Data