Trados 2021 remains "on top" when working with other applications in Windows 10

I generally work with other applications displayed in windows (which is the whole point of "Windows" of course), but Studio 2021 seems to claim priority when I try to switch to other windows, even when I'm required to answer a question in the other window before I can continue working. It's also generally difficult to minimize Trados 2021 completely or half-way to work with other windowed applications (like Google for a search or to use a glossary ). I don't remember having such problems before the upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated.

Parents Reply
  • You are familar with the concept of resizing and moving (Dragging and Dropping) application windows in Windows 10, right?:

How do you drag a window?
    To do this, click and hold the left mouse button on the title bar of the window. Then, drag it to a location of your choice. The following example shows how this is accomplished. To move the window, first click and hold the left mouse button down at the top.
    I can't do that with Trados 2021, which makes multitasking virtually impossible.
    Please try to replicate the problen like this (a simple screen-sharing exercise):
    Open Word and reduce the Word application to half size and position it on the top half of the screen. Now reduce Studio 2021 to half size and position it on the bottom half of the screen (so you can work with both applications at once) Now follow the above instructions for dragging a wiindow to a different part of the screen (normally you can do this without any application in Windows 10). It worked fine before the upgrade.
    but please see if you can drag and drop Studio 2021 with the split screen as I described above.
Children