Trados 2021 remains "on top" when working with other applications in Windows 10

I generally work with other applications displayed in windows (which is the whole point of "Windows" of course), but Studio 2021 seems to claim priority when I try to switch to other windows, even when I'm required to answer a question in the other window before I can continue working. It's also generally difficult to minimize Trados 2021 completely or half-way to work with other windowed applications (like Google for a search or to use a glossary ). I don't remember having such problems before the upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated.

Parents
  • Hi Steven,

I've made some progress now. Whenever the maximize button is displayed on the upper right I can drag and resize the window perfectly, although sometimes I have to click the Maximize button to make the screen draggable and resizable again. Whenever the maximze button is replaced by the "restore" button and/or the "ribbon options button" (I tried to attach a screenshot here but I just know how to attach files by browsing to them on my harddrive, not by using a "link")  I can neither drag nor resize the Studio window. When I first open Studio I can't resize it because the cursor doesn't change to an arrow at the edges of the window and I can't drag the window anywhere either. But if the maximize button is displayed, then when I click on it (even though the window already occupies the entire screen) I'm suddenly able to resize and drag the window. I don't know why the maximize button disappears (it never does in Word) opr why the menu bar is automatically minimized but it would be nice to display both all the time. Also I don't see any reason for deactivating the dragging and resizing option in any mode.  

• Hi Steven,

I've made some progress now. Whenever the maximize button is displayed on the upper right I can drag and resize the window perfectly, although sometimes I have to click the Maximize button to make the screen draggable and resizable again. Whenever the maximze button is replaced by the "restore" button and/or the "ribbon options button" (I tried to attach a screenshot here but I just know how to attach files by browsing to them on my harddrive, not by using a "link")  I can neither drag nor resize the Studio window. When I first open Studio I can't resize it because the cursor doesn't change to an arrow at the edges of the window and I can't drag the window anywhere either. But if the maximize button is displayed, then when I click on it (even though the window already occupies the entire screen) I'm suddenly able to resize and drag the window. I don't know why the maximize button disappears (it never does in Word) opr why the menu bar is automatically minimized but it would be nice to display both all the time. Also I don't see any reason for deactivating the dragging and resizing option in any mode.  

Children
No Data