I hadn't realised how much time had passed since these original posts, but I've been meaning to come back and see whether there is any news on this?
In the meantime I've been using a workaround solution as follows:
- while translating, add terms to a basic termbase without using any input model/fields
- each month (or when I remember!), convert this basic termbase to Excel using Glossary Converter
- edit the Excel export to add custom fields
- import this edited export into my "real" termbase, with the appropriate custom fields
- delete the contents of the basic termbase ready for use with new projects
This is obviously a rather long process, and would be unnecessary if the input models worked as they should.
Please let me know if there have been any replies/developments!
On a related note - I've been wondering if anyone knows whether this issue has been resolved in Studio 2019?