Cannot work with Asian language TMs

Hi all,

Since last week (when I was on holiday) my project managers have been unable to maintain (update/import/export) language pairs that include either Chinese or Japanese in our GroupShare server TMs. File-based TMs created from Studio work fine. It is possible to maintain other language pairs in the same TMs. We're on GS: 14.2.47996.9 - SR1 CU9.

The error I get when running the batch task 'Update Main Translation Memory' is:

TranslationProviderThrewException.

When exporting a language pair involving Chinese from the web interface I get:

The type initializer for 'Sdl.Core.LanguageProcessing.ICU2.WordBoundaryFinder' threw an exception.

Recomputing statistics from the web interface produces:

Error: System - A strict-hashing TM cannot be downgraded to use legacy hashes (details: System.Exception: A strict-hashing TM cannot be downgraded to use legacy hashes at Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryImpl.ResourceManager.ChangeTranslationMemory(TranslationMemorySetup setup, List`1 modelCorpusIdList, Boolean& deletedTranslationModel, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryImpl.API.ChangeTranslationMemory(Container container, TranslationMemorySetup setup, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken))

Has anyone else seen this behaviour  and found a solution?

Regards,

Henk

Parents Reply Children
No Data