Where do I go to create a server-based Termbase?

We have Groupshare 2019 with Termbase Server running in our acceptance environment, and I want to create a server-based Termbase for it to connect to. But I can't for the life of me find out where to do so. Help?

Parents
  • Hi Alex

I guess you have Groupshare 2017 or 2020 - there isn't a 2019 version, but the answer is the same.  Whilst you can see Termbases in Groupshare, you actually create them from MultiTerm.  I assume you've connected MultiTerm to your Groupshare system already (File/Setup/Servers) but once you've done that, you need to go to the main MutliTerm screen, and in the bottom left corner, below Termbase Management, you'll see Administrator.  Of course, your user in Groupshare has to have suitable rights to proceed, but when you authenticate to the server, you'll see the server listed, adn then the ribbon will activate the Add/Create button, so you can create the Termbase in the usual way - obviously if you're using Organisations on the server, make sure you place the Termbase in the correct Organisation, but that's; no different in principle to the TMs, of course.

I hope that's clear, but let me know if you have any questions.

Rob

• Hi Alex

I guess you have Groupshare 2017 or 2020 - there isn't a 2019 version, but the answer is the same.  Whilst you can see Termbases in Groupshare, you actually create them from MultiTerm.  I assume you've connected MultiTerm to your Groupshare system already (File/Setup/Servers) but once you've done that, you need to go to the main MutliTerm screen, and in the bottom left corner, below Termbase Management, you'll see Administrator.  Of course, your user in Groupshare has to have suitable rights to proceed, but when you authenticate to the server, you'll see the server listed, adn then the ribbon will activate the Add/Create button, so you can create the Termbase in the usual way - obviously if you're using Organisations on the server, make sure you place the Termbase in the correct Organisation, but that's; no different in principle to the TMs, of course.

I hope that's clear, but let me know if you have any questions.

Rob

Children