My lpu is getting too large.

My lpu keeps getting much larger as I updated to a new version of the product I am localizing. How can I clean up the lpu?

Parents
  • The project size can be reduced by deleting the history and the recycle bin in the project. This is quite useful especially when strating to localize the next major release of your software.

Other appoaches are much more specific. In projects that localize binary .NET software you may have activated the option to embed referenced assemblies. This increases the size. Switching off this option will reduce the size but has some disadvantages regarding a proper visualization of .NET dialogs.

If you think the size effects the performance you can unpack the project database when stored on network drives. This will prevent that the time consuming compression/uncompression process is done each time you work on the project.

• The project size can be reduced by deleting the history and the recycle bin in the project. This is quite useful especially when strating to localize the next major release of your software.

Other appoaches are much more specific. In projects that localize binary .NET software you may have activated the option to embed referenced assemblies. This increases the size. Switching off this option will reduce the size but has some disadvantages regarding a proper visualization of .NET dialogs.

If you think the size effects the performance you can unpack the project database when stored on network drives. This will prevent that the time consuming compression/uncompression process is done each time you work on the project.

Children