Single quotes in strings with placeholders - Java file parser

Hi,

I have a properties file where some strings contain placeholders - {0} - and single quotes.  When I generate the translated file the single quotes are being replaced with two single quotes, for example "Click {0} to view 'this'" ends up as "Click {0} to view ''this''"

See below the screenshot showing a sample string in the properties window, and the same string in the main view.  You can see the double single quotes in the main view.

Any input would be appreciated

Niall

Parents Reply Children
  • Achim, here is the correct reply. I was not thinking straight. The quick workaround was in Passolo 2011. This is how we fixed it going forward:

The French language uses apostrophes quite often to connect words as shown in the following screen shot:

However, when generating the target file in SDL Passolo,the result is quite often the following:

This is a result of SDL Passolo trying to "help" the translator and inserting the additional apostrophe. While this is still required on occasion, the majority of the software these days does not require this anymore. Following you will find the instructions to correct this issue.

Proceed as follows:

1. Open SDL Passolo.
    2. In the File menu select Options.
    3. Navigate in the Options dialog to the Tags section.
    4. Check the option Don't show tags or inline patterns. Edit original string.
    5. Click OK to close the dialog.
    6. Close and restart SDL Passolo.