What video file types can be stored in Tridion Docs?

Hi,

What video file types are supported in Tridion Docs and what Content Type folder would they be stored in?

Thanks,

Ann

emoji
Parents
  • Thanks Dave and Peter for your responses.

Just checking if my current configuration looks ok.

I can see mp4 configured in metadataconfig.xml but within ishtemplate ISHEDITORTEMPLATEILLUSTRATION along with other image extensions and not within ishtemplate ISHEDITORTEMPLATETEMPLATE

<ishassociationdef>
    <!-- Illustrations -->
    <ishfileextensionassociation ishtemplate="ISHEDITORTEMPLATEILLUSTRATION" name="bmp" />
    <ishfileextensionassociation ishtemplate="ISHEDITORTEMPLATEILLUSTRATION" name="gif" />
    <ishfileextensionassociation ishtemplate="ISHEDITORTEMPLATEILLUSTRATION" name="jpeg" />
    <ishfileextensionassociation ishtemplate="ISHEDITORTEMPLATEILLUSTRATION" name="jpg" />
    <ishfileextensionassociation ishtemplate="ISHEDITORTEMPLATEILLUSTRATION" name="mp3" />
    <ishfileextensionassociation ishtemplate="ISHEDITORTEMPLATEILLUSTRATION" name="mp4" />

Is this a problem?

I have successfully uploaded .mp4 video into a folder with content type of Image as I couldn't into folder with content type of Other.

Thanks again,

Ann

emoji
  • Hi Ann,

The system considers Images/Illustrations as highly managed content objects with various business rules attached regarding creation, resolution, fall through and more. I don't believe that out-of-the-box, mp3 (sound) and mp4 (video) are configured for images. Allow me to repeat to use the Other/Template content object type for sound and video.

Can you try the Web Client (typically ISHCM or InfoShareAuthor links) and get it uploaded from there?

For whoever lands on the this through as a search result, the referenced ISHEDITORTEMPLATEILLUSTRATION is actually a LogicalId (which often is a GUID) of an object under the System Management folders. That content object starts seeds the default value for creating new image content objects, so that you don't have to fill in everything - people love drag-n-drop but the values have to come from somewhere.

Best wishes,
    Dave

emoji
  • Hi Ann,

The system considers Images/Illustrations as highly managed content objects with various business rules attached regarding creation, resolution, fall through and more. I don't believe that out-of-the-box, mp3 (sound) and mp4 (video) are configured for images. Allow me to repeat to use the Other/Template content object type for sound and video.

Can you try the Web Client (typically ISHCM or InfoShareAuthor links) and get it uploaded from there?

For whoever lands on the this through as a search result, the referenced ISHEDITORTEMPLATEILLUSTRATION is actually a LogicalId (which often is a GUID) of an object under the System Management folders. That content object starts seeds the default value for creating new image content objects, so that you don't have to fill in everything - people love drag-n-drop but the values have to come from somewhere.

Best wishes,
    Dave

emoji
Children
No Data